The popularity of the lottery is universal. Whether you’re in the United States, in Norway, or even in South Africa, the appeal of the game is difficult to ignore.
And who wouldn’t pay attention to the lottery game and the rewards and excitement that it offers to winning players? Or perhaps the hope it bestows upon thousands if not, millions of players who line up and play the lottery game?
This game is all about ‘six numbers’, but these are six numbers that have the power to change the direction of one’s life. It can pay for a lifetime’s worth of bills, pay for the family’s education, and even fund a medical procedure that can save a life. So, it isn’t surprising to see its continued popularity in different countries even when the odds are high.
Lottery- A Popular and Authorized Game in the Philippines
This is true as well in the Philippines, a country with a long and colorful history and passion for games and lottery. The first form of the lottery was introduced in 1833 and Real Renta de Loteria was the first company to host the games. Initially, the program was meant to raise funds to help social causes.
Soon several lotteries were introduced and culminated in the establishment of the Philippine Charities and Sweepstakes Office or PCSO, the main agency today tasked to run and manage lotteries.
Most Popular Lotteries in the Philippines Today
Today, the lottery games in the Philippines are comparable to what you can expect in other countries. You can expect variety and the jackpots can reach hundreds of millions in Philippine pesos. Although you’ll find several variants of the game, choosing which one to play is easy. Each type of lottery has its features and characteristics that meet your specific needs and gambling requirements. Here’s a look at the top 5 lotteries to play today:
- EZ2 Lotto. Introduced in 2004, this lottery game is fun and easy to play. As the name suggests, you’ll need to pick 2 numbers from a pool of 1 to 13. To collect the biggest jackpot of the day, you need to match the two numbers that are drawn in the exact order. To draw the winning numbers, a two-chambered Mega Gem is used. Each chamber has numbers from 1 to 31. A representative will pick a number on each chamber, so it’s possible that we can have similar numbers.
- Lotto 6/42. Did you know that this is the oldest lottery game under PCSO? Here’s one more trivia- this lottery delivers the most number of jackpots (winners) in 2017! To play, you need to select 6 numbers from a pool of 42 numbers, hence the name. For a single-entry ticket, you need to pay Php 20.00. There’s an option to play all six panels on a single ticket.
- 6/49 Lotto. This is a lottery game like 6/42, this time the pool of numbers runs up to 49. There are three drawings for the game: Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, and each lottery drawing offers a base jackpot of Php 16 million. Aside from the standard entry, this game also offers a system play where you can bet up to Php 18,480 pesos.
- 6/45 Mega Lotto. This is one of the most popular lottery games in the country and offers the players with one of the best odds of winning a prize. Again, the rule is to pick 6 numbers from a pool of 45 numbers, and if your selection match, you win the jackpot. The lottery draws happen every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- 6/58 Ultra Lotto. For the biggest jackpots in the country, then you shouldn’t miss the 6/58 lottery. You will select 6 numbers from a pool of 58 numbers and when you’re correct, you can win up to hundreds of millions of pesos. In the draw held last March 15, 2020, the jackpot reached Php 302,964,135. Now, that’s a record win that you don’t want to miss.
With lotteries in the Philippines, you can expect exciting times every time you play the lottery. And when the lottery jackpot pool reaches record-numbers, you’ll notice the festive atmosphere, with people lining up, and TV stations capturing the moment. The lottery is now part of the country’s lifestyle, and for all the good reasons!